Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sprouting Beans

Bean sprouts are live food that are full of enzymes, vitamins and energy!  I have started sprouting my own beans at home to use in salads, wraps, bean burgers, throw them into my green smoothies and just eat them plain while sitting at my desk.  Of course I get the raised eyebrow and questions about why am I eating plain bean sprouts.
I am eating raw bean sprouts because I am incorporating more raw foods into my diet.  We all know that the typical american diet is bad for us and although change can be challenging, I need to change some things in my diet for health reasons.
As most of you already know, I have Parkinson's.  How we get Parkinson's disease is unknown.  The popular school of thought on causes of Parkinson's is mostly environmental.  That would include not only pesticides and chemicals in our water but also in our food. 
I cannot go back 40 years and change what I exposed my body to but I can change what I expose myself to now.  I may not be able to reverse the damage already done but I can try to stop further damage.
I do not like taking a lot of meds, so I am experimenting with food intake.  I am staying away from processed foods and eating more whole, clean, organic and raw foods.
This is a new journey for me, so I will keep you updated on my progress. 
Below are pictures of my bean sprouting in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel, jodie here can you sprout any kind of bean or do they have to befresh. Can you use any kind of bean. I have not done too much sprouting message me please on face book. Thank you for bloging about these sprouts :)

    ReplyDelete