Sunday, July 15, 2012

How do you take your lunch to work?

I made a couple of traveling placemats today.  I had seen a few versions of these out on the internet and decided to give it a try. 
Now 95 % of the time, I take my lunch to work.  I have a nice little lunch tote that one of my daughters gave me for Christmas last year (thanks Kim).  However, I needed something to put on my desk when eating lunch so as to not leave crumbs, water rings, ect. on my desk.  I wanted a placemat that was easy to carry and that I could put my utensils and homemade cloth napkin in. This is what I came up with.
I used fat quarters, so each placemat measures about 22"x 18".  I added the utensil and napkin pocket, used fleece for the batting, stiched my name on it for the quilting pattern (my name is hard to see in these pictures because of the floral pattern).
I add my utensils and napkins, fold the top half over the placemat, roll and tie.
Made in America, by an American!!

No comments:

Post a Comment